In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Gamecock talk, news and information
The place for Gamecock football and recruiting talk, plus off-topic subjects.
The place for Gamecock basketball talk, news and information
The ultimate online destination for the latest scoop on Carolina's national power baseball program.
Everything from Gamecock Insider Tony Morrell, in case you missed it.
The place to read all past editions of Spurnotes
The best of the best
Buy and sell your Gamecock tickets here.
Feedback for TBS and 247Sports.
You have no favorite boards.
With the season over, the focus now turns to the bowl games. There were some unexpected outcomes on Saturday that could influence where the Gamecocks (10-2) spend bowl season.
Follow me on Twitter: @johnmwhittle
ESPN Brad Edwards said that he was hearing UGA to Cotton. That would imply that A&M must be in Cap One. Wouldn't that increase chances we go to Outback?
Thanks Whittle ... Sounds like Michigan either way?
so it appears there is a good chance we'll play Michigan in either Tampa or Jacksonville? My comprehension gets a little shaky this late at night. I don't know squat about it, but I can't imagine why the C1 or Outback would let Georgia slide by. They are clearly a good team and their fans will travel to a big bowl game. I have a suspicion their fans would be very, very underwhelmed by a matchup with a lame Clemson team in Atlanta.
I was hoping something like this would be up. Thanks for posting this Whittle. Hope you are feeling better.
When will bowl selections be official?
Excellent report, thank you
Giving my opinions on Gamecocks message boards since 2002.
Why is the CapOne bowl so interested in A&M vs Northwestern. It seems like something like UGA vs Nebreska would be a much more intriguing matchup. I can't imagine Northwestern's fan base will travel in hordes either.
I would enjoy a matchup against Michigan. And since I have reservations in both Jax and Tampa, sounds like I'm covered!
Why not Michigan in the Cap 1 bowl vs. aTm? Michigan is a better draw (and probably better team) than NW.
Good stuff, Whittle. Your efforts to make sense of the BCS mess is a prime example of what a joke the system is.
1. There is no reward for getting better during the season in D-1 FB.You ain't top 2 BCS, you are at the mercy of idiots.
2. ND and Bama, which one of them wants to play Ga., Stanford, Oregon, Texas A&M, Fla.,LSU, or the Gamecocks right now.
3. If we had a real play-off with the above teams listed, it would be nirvana.
4. Never do you hear any discussion on anyother NCAA sport on who was better after the play-offs and championship game. When we went back to back in Baseball, never saw or read anybody who wanted to challenge the outcome.
5. We are a Top 10 Team, sitting here, twisting in the wind, at the mercy of dumb asses, waiting on the hammer to fall instead of getting our reward for a great team and program.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports